About the position:
The Manager Data Science- Modernization is directly reporting to the Project Manager- Modernization. The main purpose of this position is to manage, coordinate, support and carry out activities within the Modernization project with a focus on data modelling and visualization. This includes diagnoses of the existing architecture and data maturity and identifies gaps, providing data access and enhancing quality of the available data, designing and jointly developing the data architecture with data architect and ensures security and maintenance, building data tools and products for effort automation and easy data accessibility.
- Gather requirements, assess gaps and build roadmaps and architectures to help the analytics driven organization achieve its goals
- Work closely with Data Analysts to ensure data quality and availability for analytical modelling
- Work in collaboration with the application developers to ensure the data structuring and availability for the newly developed solutions
- Explore suitable options, design, and create data pipeline (data lake / data warehouses) for specific analytical solutions
- Define ETL / ELT based on jointly defined requirements
- Identify gaps and implement solutions for data security, quality and automation of processes
- Support automation engineers in the connectivity of physical assets (structuring)
- Support maintenance, bug fixing and performance analysis along data pipeline
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant
- Background in Mathematics and Statistics is preferred
- Used SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL with RDBMSs like Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle etc. in production environments
- Experience in data engineering & data bases / warehouses
- Experience on Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Spark, HBase, CouchDB, Hive) is preferred
- Experience with reporting and BI packages e.g. Tableau, QlikView, SAP BO etc.
- Experience with programming languages like UNIX shell scripting, Python etc. is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Openness to working in agile environments with multiple stakeholders
- Professional attitude and service orientation
- Ability to work well in a team and to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable and effective workplace
- Attitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and collaboration skills in English
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in one of the world leading pharmaceutical company and the biggest pharmaceutical company in Bulgaria
- Competitive remuneration bound with performance
- Additional healthcare insurance
- Additional benefits according to the company policy
- Opportunity for future career development
*Teva Pharmaceuticals is one of the world's largest generic pharmaceutical companies and has the richest portfolio in the generics industry - over 1840 medicinal products. Teva in Bulgaria (known as Actavis until the end of 2020) is the largest pharmaceutical company in the country in terms of number of employees (nearly 1,700), production capacity, and sales in packaging. The products of Teva's plants in Dupnitsa and Troyan are distributed to over 70 countries worldwide.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements, please send us your CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All documents will be treated with strict confidentiality and in compliance with the GDPR.*